Monday, September 26, 2011

What a Team

I have been sitting at my computer for 30 minutes trying to put into words what I felt when we arrived in Ottawa.  I was training to do the Ride last year when I was diagnosed with kidney cancer.  Quite frankly I did not think I would be around to even entertain riding again. Eighteen months later we roll into Ottawa, I see my girls standing at the Police Memorial and it was a moment I will never forget.   Memories from critiquing the flowers with Caddy, the strong push from the Deputy to get me back in the pack, Docs sense of humour and all of the encouragement from the team.  I have never been so proud to be a part of a team.  We raised money for the Grand River Regional Cancer Center, raised awareness for the Police Memorial and had a blast doing it.  Thank you to the team and to all that supported us. With your help Cancer can be Conquered.

Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment